Saturday 17 May 2008

20/02/08 - One of many unproductive days

The following extract from my journal is the only one I recorded in relation to the frustration of finding time.

Oh I wish that just because "I said I would do something it could happen". I spent another day flat out and the evening was also very busy... so nothing has been done.. I did manage to spend a little time on the Internet looking to see if there is any matrix already done for comparing Microsoft Office against Open Office. I had some success, but nothing to the granularity I need. So I guess it is up-to-me. I could not even find a specification from Microsoft on the features of Microsoft Office.

No-one an change the situation apart from me. So I will have to construct strategies to ensure that I balance my studies, family and work in a framework that can co-exist.

1 comment:

  1. Its really hard. I tend to look at days with possibilities of working on reserach and take a big chunk of time (e.g. the last 2 Sundays) whilst other days are just non-starters. The average day allows me perhaps an hours background browsing or reading but I need a good 3 hour chunk to really motor. Keep up the good work Paul!

    ReplyDelete