Saturday 17 May 2008

190/02/2008 - Initial exploration of Ubuntu and FOSS

This is the day I felt the research has started for 'real'. Instead of using the Microsoft Office word processor 'Word', I am using Open Office word processor named simply... Word Processor My initial reaction is that Open Office is just as easy and powerful as Microsoft Word. I have found out that I can save Open Office files as Microsoft Office files. I am assuming that Chris is using Microsoft Office 2000/XP and therefore I have also saved these files in that format as well as the normal Open Office format. Open Office has a large amount of differing formats that it can save the file as.

Interestingly Microsoft Office does not recognise the Open Office format at all, but Open Office will open Microsoft formats with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment