Thursday 11 November 2010

Engineers Exploring Technology Enhance Learning

I have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of support I have received from other tutors on the new HNC Engineering course. I am focusing on moving the programme of study to a more blended/distance learning approach. The first stage of embedding the use of Moodle in their delivery was actively embraced. Now we have moved on from just myself recording sections of their sessions for upload to Moodle/YouTube to one of the tutors' using a FLIP camera to record the session without my assistance.

This is incredible progress in such a short period of time. The next challenge is to show them how to "top and tail" their recordings and upload to Moodle and/or YouTube without the need for my support at all.

Time to start sharing this good practice with other curriculum areas!

No comments:

Post a Comment