Thursday 21 May 2009

Greasing the wheels :-|

It is interesting to me that: to bring a new software application into a organisation quite often requires the agreement between many departments. When the different departments do not fully understand the other's needs, blockages occur. This is especially true if the person driving the initative is at a lower level then the managers in the other departments.

There is a need to have someone who has a good understanding of the needs of the different departments to "grease the wheels" to ensure that dialog and supportive critical questions are asked and answered. This role appears to be falling on me as the organisation is education and I have experience of teaching, business support and IT at management level. However, it is not a role identified that I should do, but others are hoping I do? Also I am not at the management level of others that have to agree. I love challenges :-)! I will report in this blog how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment